Watkins is your valuable resource for installing Western Red Cedar Shake and Shingles
ColorSeal & Stain Finish Options
Quality color finishing
All Watkins brand cedar shingles are available with ColorSeal and stain finishes are available in Oil or Acrylic in a variety of custom colors, weathering options and warranties. After painting, the shingles are thoroughly oven dried before they’re packed in a box for shipping. That means you can expect a flawless finish upon arrival.
Watkins finished cedar siding benefits:
- IU.V protected, water repellant and mildew resistant
- Pre-painting and staining saves time and labor costs
- No costly scheduling, weather or seasonal delays
- No overspray, dripping, splattering or cleanup problems
- The shingles are finished before they arrive, minimizing job site mess
- No color variation, lap marks, shrink lines, streaking or dirt pick-up
Cedar Shingle Finish Options
Factory Finish (Solid)
Our Factory Finish Solid Color produces vibrant, long-lasting colors that look flawless for up to 25 years. Choose from a wide array of colors and protection options or ask us about custom color blends.
For a polished look that doesn’t hide the beauty of the natural wood grain, choose our Semi Solid Stains. The semi-opaque finish highlights the wood texture while offering a deep-penetrating flat finish. Ask us about creating the perfect balance of color and protection for your cedar shingles.
Highlight the natural beauty of your cedar shingles with a delicate touch of color. Our Semi-Transparent Stains last from 5-10 years without maintenance and impart a deep richness.
Add sheer, nearly transparent color without masking the natural wood grain and texture with our Clear Finishes that protect and enhance your cedar shingles.